Sarah Day Hurley
Sarah practiced law in Washington, D.C. and Atlanta before returning to her hometown of Greenville, South Carolina in 1998. From 1999 to 2006 she was in the Business Litigation practice group of Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice (now Womble Bond Dickinson) and from 2008 to 2019 was in the Business Litigation practice group of Turner Padget Graham & Laney. In 2006, she chose to take a sabbatical from the practice of law and opened "Brew & Ewe", which was an upscale retail and coffee/sandwich shop located in downtown Greenville. She owned and managed Brew & Ewe until 2016. Owning and operating Brew & Ewe was the fulfillment of a life dream to have her own small retail business.
In October 2019, she pursued her other dream of starting her own law firm. With her husband, Tim Hurley, they opened Hurley Law PA, and have not looked back!
Sarah has successfully tried jury cases to a verdict in all levels of trial courts in South Carolina, including Federal Court. She has been counsel in more than 200 cases in the United States District Court for South Carolina, and hundreds more in the State courts.
Sarah is also a certified mediator and enjoys the opportunity to help parties resolve their conflicts. When her schedule permits, Sarah serves as a volunteer mediator with the Upstate Mediation Center.
- Business & Commercial Law
- Personal Injury
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1990
- Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina
- Major: English and Political Science
- Virginia, 1990
- District of Columbia, 1991
- Georgia, 1994
- South Carolina, 1998
- The Class Action Fairness Act of 2005: Procedural Reforms for Interstate Class Actions, SC Lawyer, July, 2005
- Morin v. Innegrity, LLC, 424 SC 559, 819 SE 2d 131, 2018, Ct App
- City of Greenville Planning Commission, Commissioner, 2000 to 2008
- Martindale Hubbell - Peer and Judge Review - AV rated
- Upstate Mediation Center, 2016 to Present